About Me

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be" (quote from Douglas Adams). My name is Andrea. I was born in Belgium and live in Brussels. My passion for dollhouses emerged in my early twenties when I discovered a shop in downtown Brussels where they sold magnificent miniature mansions and furniture and decided that, one day, I would have my own dollhouse. Meanwhile, I had a life. When, in 2015, I visited Windsor and Queen Mary’s dollhouse, I decided it was time to get started with my own. After lots of brainstorming on how/where to start, I went for a dollhouse kit: the Malibu beach house. this blog is about the progress on the house and some tips on how I built and decorated the house.

Sunday 23 September 2018

Living room floorboards finished.  I am well pleased with the result. As I got to the middle, I realised it was not going to be straight at the finnish line and had to make some adjustments. Fortunately, it does not show. On the picture you get a glimpse of the screen door that will separate the living room from the hallway. Still to be finished with a screen. This was an old chinese calendar my mum got in a chinese restaurant decades ago. I removed the calendar and still have to decide what to replace it with. It so happens it's the exact size for the house.
The skirting boards and pictures rails will be added soon (varnish currently drying).






and kitchen decoration complete (well almost.....).I changed my mind eventually about the kitchen floor tiles. This one is more 30s-like. Pure black and white would have been too sharp, I settled for cream and black checkered tiles paper. I may put real tiles one day.
The skirting boards and door frame were varnished in dark wood tone.
Next time, you will see the kitchen with furniture. Check out the kitchen boiler I made under "some items home made" tab.



No comments:

Post a Comment