About Me

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be" (quote from Douglas Adams). My name is Andrea. I was born in Belgium and live in Brussels. My passion for dollhouses emerged in my early twenties when I discovered a shop in downtown Brussels where they sold magnificent miniature mansions and furniture and decided that, one day, I would have my own dollhouse. Meanwhile, I had a life. When, in 2015, I visited Windsor and Queen Mary’s dollhouse, I decided it was time to get started with my own. After lots of brainstorming on how/where to start, I went for a dollhouse kit: the Malibu beach house. this blog is about the progress on the house and some tips on how I built and decorated the house.

Sunday 18 November 2018

Tiling and lighting.
The tiled floor of the hallway is also finished. Made with marbled glass mosaics. I had to add a wooden frame as I did not manage to cut the mosaics, they broke into pieces when I tried, so after breaking half a dozen, I gave up. It's not so bad, even though I would have preferred the tiling to go from wall to wall. The trickiest part was the front. There, I used smaller resin tiles. When I proceeded to sand them with the dremmel, I overdid it and the result is not perfect, but I shall have to live with it now (no picture of that).


The slight disappointment of the hallway tiles was soon forgotten when I installed the wall sconces and lit the place. Below is the result. In my next post, I will explain how I made them, under the tab "items home-made". That's all for today, I just don't have enough with 24 hours in one day to do all the things I would like to do, and post everything on this blog. Be patient, it will come.




No comments:

Post a Comment