About Me

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be" (quote from Douglas Adams). My name is Andrea. I was born in Belgium and live in Brussels. My passion for dollhouses emerged in my early twenties when I discovered a shop in downtown Brussels where they sold magnificent miniature mansions and furniture and decided that, one day, I would have my own dollhouse. Meanwhile, I had a life. When, in 2015, I visited Windsor and Queen Mary’s dollhouse, I decided it was time to get started with my own. After lots of brainstorming on how/where to start, I went for a dollhouse kit: the Malibu beach house. this blog is about the progress on the house and some tips on how I built and decorated the house.

Sunday 26 August 2018

So in March, the Malibu Beach House kit arrived. I was impatient to unpack, but I have to admit a was a littled baffled when I opened the boxes and discovered all the bits and pieces that I was going to have to paint/varnish and assemble.
Following the experts' advice, I dry-built the house first to make sure all the pieces were there and that everything fits. They were, and it did. Woaw, bigger than I thought!
I was in two minds at the time of ordering and uncertain as to whether it could be turned into an Art Deco house. But now that I have started work on it, I am happy with it. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like it. It's just that it will take a lot more time to finnish than I had first anticipated.
Never mind, that was the idea after all, the fun and satisfaction of something made by me.
Only, it's now August, and progress has been slowed down because I have been distracted into making things for the house. The fact is, I have so many ideas and not a lot of free time to turn them into actual projects. My latest home-made item is the grand Art Deco chandelier I've had in mind for some time. (photos to follow)
So here is the house, dry-built (without the windows)




No comments:

Post a Comment